Soups make the best freezer meals. They are fairly easy to make, freeze very well, and reheat with little to no loss of quality. This soup is no exception. Roasted Cauliflower, tender and juicy chicken thighs, and creamy white beans take this soup to a whole new level. It’s simple, hearty, and delicious!!
Let me clarify a few things before we begin. I own a freezer meal business and the way I cook this meal might be slightly different than the way you cook it. For instance, I generally cook my proteins separate. I do this so I can portion each freezer dinner with the exact same amount of chicken. When you cook this at home you can cook your chicken in your soup till it’s nice and tender. Personally I recommend cooking chicken thighs sous vide for 2 hours at 165F. This produces the juiciest chicken thighs you’ll ever eat. Incredible.
I also use dried beans in my recipes. I do this so that I can infuse the beans with different flavors as I cook them. For this recipe I added chicken stock and some herbs to the water that the beans were cooking in. This really elevates the bean to a whole new level. If you plan on using canned beans that’s perfectly fine and your soup will still come out amazing!!
Have fun, enjoy the video, and I hope you get to make this awesome freezer meal!!
If you want to see the different things that we use in our kitchen be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
Roasted Cauliflower with Chicken and White Bean soup
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 8 oz carrots diced
- 2 large stalks of celery diced small
- 8 oz onion diced
- 3 tbsp garlic minced (9 cloves)
- 28 oz canned white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs boneless skinless
- 3 quarts chicken stock or more if you like a brothier soup
- 1½ tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- salt to taste
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto your cauliflower florets and toss so that they are well coated. Roast in a preheated 450F oven for 30-35 minutes till they begin to take on some color.
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto your diced carrots and toss so that they are well coated. Roast in a 450F preheated oven for 30-35 minutes till they begin to take on a little color.
- Sous Vide your chicken thighs at 165F for 2 hours then slice.
- In a large pot on a medium high heat sauté the onions and celery till softened. Add the roasted carrots and minced garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the seasonings and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, white beans, cauliflower, sliced cooked chicken thighs and parsley. Cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Serve and enjoy.
- Allow your soup to cool and place in a freezer friendly container. To reheat, allow the soup to thaw and heat gently on the stovetop.
- If you are using dried beans for this recipe then use 1 pound of dried for every 2 cans of canned beans (14oz)
- If you don’t have an immersion circulator you can slice your raw chicken thighs first then add them to the soup after you add the chicken stock. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes till the chicken is tender. Then add the carrots, beans, and cauliflower….
- If you want a brothy soup you can add more chicken stock
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.