It’s about time we start making our own fried rice!! This recipe is very simple and incredibly flavorful. You can easily modify this dish by adding different vegetables or proteins like chicken, pork, or shrimp. In this version we are going to keep it super simple.
The trick to a good fried rice is preparing the rice the night before. This allows your rice to cool and gives it time to firm up a bit prior to cooking. Medium to long grain rice works best for this dish. We like Jasmine rice but I’ve also used long grain parboiled rice with great results.
If you want to see the different things that we use in our kitchen be sure to check out our new Amazon Store. We are affiliates and if you happen to buy something from amazon we get a tiny commission. This helps support our channel at no cost to you.
Check out my video on how I prepared this easy freezer dish.
Chinese Fried Rice
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 green onions tops and bottoms sliced and separated.
- 4 oz large carrots finely diced
- 1 cups peas canned or frozen is ok
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 4oz green cabbage finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 6 tbsp low sodium soy sauce more or less depending on your taste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Vegetable Stock
- 8 cups cooked rice Make this the night before and place in the refrigerator
- salt & pepper to taste
- The night before cook at least 3 cups of dried rice. Allow to cool completely and place in the refrigerator
- The next day whisk your eggs and in a hot pan with a little oil pour your egg mixture and let cook for 20 seconds. With a spatula gently break apart the egg and once it has completed cooking remove from heat and set aside.
- In a skillet add the olive oil and the green onion bottoms that you sliced. Stir fry on a med/high heat till soft and translucent. Add the carrots and stir fry till the carrots become tender. Finally add the celery, cabbage, and peas and stir fry till the celery has softened but still retains a bite.
- Add 8 cups of the cold rice (that you prepared the night before) and the eggs back to your pot with the stir fried vegetables. To that add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and all the seasonings. Mix well to incorporate and on a medium high heat stir fry this mixture for 5 minutes. Finally add the green onions and stir fry another 2 minutes Serve and enjoy.
- To make this a freezer meal after it has cooled package in freezer saver bags or in freezer friendly zip lock bags.
- If you are using boil-able bags then reheat by placing the bag in simmering water for 20 minutes. If you are using anything else allow your dish to thaw and heat in the oven set to 350F covered with foil for 30 minutes.
This recipe has been adapted from the following site: https://www.food.com/recipe/chinese-fried-rice-346314