I just love pasta freezer meals. This particular freezer meal is jammed packed with flavor and is super easy to make.
We make this dish in huge batches so in my video you’ll see me prepare this dish in stages. If you plan on making this at home you can literally throw all the ingredients in a slow cooker and a few hours later it’s finished!!
The 2 key elements to this dish is the chicken and the pasta. For the chicken we use boneless skinless thigh meat as it can really withstand the long cooking time. Breast meat tends to dry out too fast.
The original recipe calls for Angel hair pasta, we chose to use linguini instead. Angel hair pasta doesn’t make for a good choice in a freezer meal. If you plan on plating this dish up so that all you have to do is thaw and reheat then you will want to cook your pasta 1 minute less than al dente. Once your pasta is finished cooking and it’s cooled down place the pasta in a freezer friendly container, top it with the sauce and chicken, cover tightly and freeze.
To reheat this dish you’ll want to thaw it and cover with foil. Bake at 350f for 30-45 minutes or until it’s warmed through. As an optional step you can add a little bit of hot milk to your reheated pasta dish. Toss together and enjoy.
If you want to see the different things that we use in our kitchen be sure to check out our new Amazon Store.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- ½ cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into large chunks
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pound Linguini pasta
- ½ lb crimini mushrooms optional
- 1 medium diced onion optional
- In a pot or large slow cooker add all your ingredients except the pasta and cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours. Thigh meat works great with this recipe because it can withstand the long cook times. Breast meat will dry out too fast.
- Cook your pasta by salting the water and bringing it to a rolling boil. Cook pasta till al dente if you are eating it fresh. If you are preparing a freezer meal cook the pasta 1 minute less than al dente.
To Freeze and Reheat
- To plate up the way we do as an easy freezer meal for later. Place your cooked pasta in a tin. Add your chicken and sauce mixture and garnish with a touch of dried parsley. Cover and freeze.
- To reheat and enjoy all you need to do is let the dish thaw. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in a 350f oven for 30 minutes. While that is baking heat some milk on the stove. You will be adding 1/2 cup of hot milk for every cup of sauce that you have on your pasta. When the pasta comes out of the oven add the hot milk to it and toss to combine. Enjoy.
Original recipe can be found at http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/angel-chicken-112887.aspx
We are Amazon Affiliates which means if you happen to buy something from Amazon after clicking one of our links we get a tiny percentage. This happens at no cost to you and really helps us offset the costs of running this site. Thank you in advance.