Thai Coconut Chicken Curry
Flavorful Thai Curry, Enjoy
Servings: 8 people
For the Curry Paste
- 4 oz chopped onion
- 6 tbsp garlic
- 3 inch piece of galangal or ginger
- 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. Thai Chili Flakes for a spicier version add 1-2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup lime juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 lemongrass stalk (bottom only) or 1/2 tsp lemongrass powder
The rest of the ingredients
- 3 lbs cooked diced chicken
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 lbs potatoes chopped into small chunks
- 1.5 tsp whole cumin seed toasted
- 3 kaffir lime leaves chopped finely
- 2 lbs tomatoes diced small (or pulsed in a food processor)
- 1 cups toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
Start by adding all the curry ingredients into a blender. Blend till you have a smooth sauce.
In a cooking pot heat your oil and add the curry sauce. Cook on medium high stirring often for 10 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, coconut milk, and diced potatoes. Cook on a medium heat till the potatoes are tender.
Add the tomatoes, chopped kaffir lime leaves, toasted cumin seed, and toasted coconut. Cook another 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add your cooked chicken breast to the curry. Serve with Jasmine rice & Enjoy
To freeze and reheat
to freeze store cooled curry in freezer friendly containers. I use vac seal bags but freezer zip lock bags work as well. In a vac sealed bag your curry will last up to a year. IN a zip lock bag your curry will last 4-6 months.
to reheat, remove from freezer allow to thaw and heat in a pot on a medium heat until warmed through. The bags I use are boilable. If you are using these bags just place the bag in simmering water and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!